Follow the below instructions to set up channel management with Booking.com. When this feature is activated availability will automatically be updated as bookings are received.
Note: If you have any future bookings received through Booking.com, please don't manually enter them into Sirvoy. (This would complecate the handling of cancellations and modifications on the bookings). Instead, we will import them for you, after you have activated the connection (point 5 below). This will enable automatic updates on Sirvoy, should the bookings be modified or cancelled.
- This feature requires that you register an account with Booking.com.
- Make sure that you use Sirvoy Premium. If you use Sirvoy Basic you can upgrade by going to "Settings > Your account > Account type > Edit".
- Contact your Booking.com Account Manager to request the commercial approval. Once validated, you will receive a Hotel-XML-Agreement and direction by your Booking.com Account Manager, to be able to complete the activation. Make sure to mention Sirvoy’s ID 289 in the Hotel-XML-Agreement.
- A few days after this is completed, when Booking.com sends us information about your XML connection, we will send you information which you will use to synchronize your Booking.com account with your Sirvoy account. You will go to "Settings > Channels > Booking.com". There, you will be asked to map, or match, your available Booking.com accommodation types with your corresponding accommodation types in Sirvoy. Have a look at this support page, about synchronizing your Sirvoy accommodation units with your Booking.com accommodation units, to accomplish this successfully. When you have mapped your room types, please inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will confirm your room type mapping.
- Soon, after you have done the mapping, you will receive an email from Booking.com that will allow you to activate the connection from Booking.com’s side. Note that this will activate the connection, if there are restrictions you like to add, please make sure to have set them before this step.
- When Booking.com has activated the connection we will send you an email asking you to upload the prices for your accommodations. You can do this by going to "Settings > Channels > Booking.com > Send price update", which is then sent to Booking.com. Fill in the details and click "Upload". Do this for all of your accommodation types.
If you like to upload prices automatically, please go to "Settings > Channels > Booking.com > Edit" and turn on the setting called "Update rates automatically". If not, you will have to send price updates manually, suggested frequency is once a month.
- Be aware that once the connection is completed, all updates of rates (only Seasonal prices & temporary changes/Spot prices are supported by the xml), availabilities and restrictions (only Stays not allowed and blocks created directly on the Sirvoy calendar are supported by the xml) will be sent to Booking.com, exclusively from your Sirvoy interface. Manual entries are no longer enabled in Extranet on the Booking.com side. Rates & availability grids will only be visible for the hotel, for their monitoring and conformity with the uploads sent from Sirvoy.
- Reservations, modifications and cancellations will be re-transmitted to the hotel via Sirvoy. However, it is the responsibility of the accommodation owner to always keep track of the Booking.com Extranet to monitor the status of each booking generated on-line. Booking.com will continue to provide booking statistics and information through their Extranet, so users can confirm that all bookings received through Booking.com are updated correctly. The Extranet will not have to be visited for the connection to work, but is there for the reassurance of the user.
- Be advised that even if the synchronization of bookings between your channel and your Sirvoy account are almost immediate, it’s still a possibility that double bookings can occur if bookings are made exactly at the same time. But this happens very rarely, even for very busy hotels.
- If you are currently receiving credit card details for guests from Booking.com then we will have to arrange to forward these details to you when the Booking.com channel integration is in operation. This is done via fax. See fee information regarding faxes on our website. We are happy to set this up for you but we will need your fax number to do so.